Emco/Anderson storm door failure
Do not be seduced by the promised convenience of the Emco/Anderson self-storing screen/storm door!
I am ninety years old and thought it would be wonderful not to have to hire someone to change from screen to storm window in the door. "Just pull it down" was the enticement.
I bought two at over $400 each. After the second season of service, the screen of the first door bunched up so that it no longer rolled up. And the screen of the second door shows signs of the same failure, so that I am afraid to even try it.
Neither manufacturer nor retailer assumes any responsibility for this product after it is sold. The manufacturer will sell you a replacement mechanism and then you must try to find someone to do the work. Good Luck!review #262704
You may also like
- "I am writing to complain, and hopefully inform others, not to be deceived and taken advantage of by offers to switch to a third party Gas and Electric supplier named..."
- "American disposal is a very horrible company to deal with, employment wise. The managers take advantage of their employees and refuse to offer help when it is needed, leaving..."
- "Leak from release valve through furnace room into next room. Technician #1 replaces release valve provides advice, takes photo of damages & inspects tank. Still leaking call and request..."
- "I ordered two rugs (wool) - no issues - I love the rugs and while they are not exceptional quality they are very good for the price I paid. I..."
- "This company sell higher end products at a premium price. I was disappointed to purchase several of their opal shade and notice in preatty much each of them some kind..."
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "We looked at many competing window replacement companies and chose CASTLE WINDOWS after a great experience with a nice sales rep. We were given a quote and scheduled an installation..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza at 1811 hours. I was told my pizza would be ready in 20 minutes. I arrived at the store at 1832 hours. They..."
- "My husband was drinking a monster and noticed a weird taste. After drinking about 1/2 he decided to pour it into a glass and found bugs (alive) swimming in..."