Emco/Anderson storm door failure
Do not be seduced by the promised convenience of the Emco/Anderson self-storing screen/storm door!
I am ninety years old and thought it would be wonderful not to have to hire someone to change from screen to storm window in the door. "Just pull it down" was the enticement.
I bought two at over $400 each. After the second season of service, the screen of the first door bunched up so that it no longer rolled up. And the screen of the second door shows signs of the same failure, so that I am afraid to even try it.
Neither manufacturer nor retailer assumes any responsibility for this product after it is sold. The manufacturer will sell you a replacement mechanism and then you must try to find someone to do the work. Good Luck!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Storm Doors
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "On August 29th 2014 I bought $125 of K-1 Kerosene for my indoor Kerosene heaters to start getting ready for winter.I had just put new wicks in my 3 heaters..."
- "I had a water filter installed on my main water line, which draws from an underground stream. The canister was installed without the use of any wall brackets in..."
- "We have a 4 BR home and I actually love seeing my electricity bill. We recommended 15 customers who gave them a try, and those bills are averaged each month,..."
- "The Phenix Mutual Fire Insurance Company will try to scam you on homeowners claims. On 11/6/12 I had a yard and shed fire. It took 2 weeks for them..."
- "Im very disappointed and upset... i went out in 26 degree snowy weather last night to pick up my online order to get home with 2 lg pizzas and parm bites.. ..."
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."
- "This tranny is really ugly. She is not the person that she posts to be on the pics. S/he is very hairy in the stomach area, has hard hairs on..."
- "I bought the seating about eleven months ago. It is already peeling. I have it in an R V. So it was used very little in that time...."