Emco/Anderson storm door failure
Do not be seduced by the promised convenience of the Emco/Anderson self-storing screen/storm door!
I am ninety years old and thought it would be wonderful not to have to hire someone to change from screen to storm window in the door. "Just pull it down" was the enticement.
I bought two at over $400 each. After the second season of service, the screen of the first door bunched up so that it no longer rolled up. And the screen of the second door shows signs of the same failure, so that I am afraid to even try it.
Neither manufacturer nor retailer assumes any responsibility for this product after it is sold. The manufacturer will sell you a replacement mechanism and then you must try to find someone to do the work. Good Luck!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Storm Doors
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My Rains Soft water treatment system is horrible. It doesn't work as advertised. I get dirty water out of my sink taps, toilets showers about 3 - 4..."
- "Ameren is a ripoff company. I have a second home which im only there a couple times a year. I recieve a monthly bill for around $20 and change for surcharges..."
- "We purchased a Missouri Freedom General 2- 48/96V 2000W turbine,Coleman 440 HVA charge controller,10,000W Aims inverter/charger,48V Diversion dump load resistor(4resistor dump),3phase break switch,100A fuse and holder and all the goodies..."
- "Im very disappointed and upset... i went out in 26 degree snowy weather last night to pick up my online order to get home with 2 lg pizzas and parm bites.. ..."
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "The Phenix Mutual Fire Insurance Company will try to scam you on homeowners claims. On 11/6/12 I had a yard and shed fire. It took 2 weeks for them..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."