Emco/Anderson storm door failure
Do not be seduced by the promised convenience of the Emco/Anderson self-storing screen/storm door!
I am ninety years old and thought it would be wonderful not to have to hire someone to change from screen to storm window in the door. "Just pull it down" was the enticement.
I bought two at over $400 each. After the second season of service, the screen of the first door bunched up so that it no longer rolled up. And the screen of the second door shows signs of the same failure, so that I am afraid to even try it.
Neither manufacturer nor retailer assumes any responsibility for this product after it is sold. The manufacturer will sell you a replacement mechanism and then you must try to find someone to do the work. Good Luck!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Storm Doors
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought this item at Lowe's in Canada (Toronto) in May, 2015. I paid $700 for it because for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be a..."
- "I have purchased a unit Missouri Wind and Solar. I put this in my system as directed by Missouri Wind and Solar. It worked for over 6 months,..."
- "When I ordered the 1st time I was told UP to 14 DAYs before delivery..as 14days came and went,I called and was told 14 BUSINESS DAYS... The 14 business days..."
- "The Phenix Mutual Fire Insurance Company will try to scam you on homeowners claims. On 11/6/12 I had a yard and shed fire. It took 2 weeks for them..."
- "Im very disappointed and upset... i went out in 26 degree snowy weather last night to pick up my online order to get home with 2 lg pizzas and parm bites.. ..."
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE looking for a moving service, stay far, far away from Kelly Williams Westlake Village They are the most unethical company I have ever come across..."
- "I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many years. Recently my account was..."
- "I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many of those years. Recently my account..."